The first week of #100daysofenrichment is just around the corner and as it’s the first week, we are going to keep it pretty simple and straightforward. Week 1 will set up lots of foundation skills that will help us build further challenges.
All challenges are presented with multiple options so you won’t lose out if you don’t have one or two of the items.
For Week 1 you will need:
- a range of foods suitable for stuffing such as your pet’s regular food, spreadable yummies, chews and treats, higher value foods such as meats and fish (for dogs and cats) (more detail here)
- toys that can be stuffed which basically means any toys that are somewhat durable (appropriate to your pet) and have a hole in them!
This might include Kong toys, K9 Connectables, Zogoflex Toppl or Tux, and any durable toy with a hollow section.
Check out Tough Enough for Charlie‘s range of stuffable toys – an Irish toy supplier and run by an AniEd trainer, so you know it’s going to be good!
- small towels such as hand towels, face cloths
- favourite fetch or tug toys (you could even use popular stealables such as socks)
- brushes, combs or similar grooming equipment
- thin dog lead, shoe laces, length of rope or blind-cord
- wafer ice cream cones
And for Freestyle Friday you will design your own enrichment device with the following ingredients:
- cardboard box or boxes of various sizes (remove all staples, tape, fastening and so on)
- paper e.g. packing paper, newspaper, kitchen roll, shredded paper (again, play safe and remove staples, clips and so on)
More details to follow on Freestyle Friday too.
Week 1 starts on Monday so get ready to get started! Subscribe to this blog so that each day’s plan is delivered right into your inbox each morning.